CEREC: Same Day Porcelain Crowns at Stratford Dental in Bloomingdale
Our everyday lives are changing with the ever evolving technology. Did you know that dentistry is also being positively influenced by technology? We have some exciting news to share! Revolutionary advances in dental instruments are now involving less time in the dental chair. Best of all, this means less discomfort and satisfying results for you, the patient! The CEREC, is one of the newly developed instruments. This unique technology saves patients time and inconvenience by allowing dentists to quickly restore damaged teeth with ceramic fillings of natural color.
Take a look at what patients are saying about their Same Day Tooth Crown prodecures by visiting Stratford Dental on Facebook.
What is CEREC?
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. In simpler terms, it means that a dentist can inexpensively restore damaged teeth in just ONE appointment. This technology also uses all porcelain crowns made of a high-grade ceramic material to match the natural color of other teeth.
How It Works
CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing) technology is used with CEREC. The CAD/CAM is an all-in-one instrument featuring a camera, computer and milling machine.
- The dentist uses a unique camera to take a precise 3D image of the affected tooth. This visual mark is transferred and shown on a color computer screen.
- From here, the dentist will use the CAD equipment to design the tooth crown.
- Then the CAM proceeds and automatically builds the 100% all porcelain crown while the patient waits.
- Finally, the dentist bonds the new porcelain crown to the surface of the old tooth.
The entire CEREC tooth crown procedure takes about one hour!
How This Benefits You
A tooth-colored crown procedure means no more silver fillings or discoloring smiles! Just a few of the key benefits of the CEREC same day crowns include:
- Protecting and preserving the structure of your teeth.
- Perfect looks, comfort and quality.
- The crown being natural-looking.
- Fitting with tissue in the mouth.
- Long lasting and durable.
- Categorically, the most economical restoration available today.
Another HUGE benefit is the elimination of needing a second visit to the office! Dentists no longer need to construct temporaries. Traditionally, dentists also need to take impressions and send them to a lab – No More! The CEREC technology is in support with over a decade worth of clinical investigation and documentation. The same day tooth crown procedures have been verified accurate, safe and effective.
If you would also like to learn more about the CEREC technology for bridges, visit our dental bridge procedure page.